What to Expect, the world’s best known, most trusted pregnancy and parenting brand, offers a pregnancy and baby app that helps you prepare for parenthood and guides you through your journey day-by-day and week-by-week.
The What to Expect pregnancy and parenting app — produced by our team of award-winning journalists, writers, editors, physicians and other pregnancy and parenting health experts, including the brand's founder Heidi Murkoff herself — guides you through every phase of your parenting journey, from starting a family to pregnancy and the first years of your child's life, when he or she is a baby through the toddler phase.
Based on your due date or baby’s birthday, you’ll receive personalized info about your baby’s development, as well as expert articles, tips, helpful tools, compelling videos and more.
Once you enter your due date and start using our pregnancy app, you can join a tight-knit community of parents and parents-to-be and get plenty of support from our active, caring birth-month groups.
You’ll get brand new tools and support every step of the way — which can help you have a happy, healthy pregnancy. Once baby is born, you'll get answers, advice and guidance as you navigate life as a new parent. When your baby arrives, you’ll get regular updates on his or her development and growth, as well as expert advice on everything from postpartum healing and feeding to sleep schedules and milestones.
Here are just a few of the key features and highlights of the What to Expect pregnancy and parenting app:
- An award-winning pregnancy due date calculator that lets you figure out your baby’s due date, then provides fun facts about your little one's birthday
- A week-by-week pregnancy tracker that details your baby's development based on your due date and helps you understand your changing body
- Different baby size comparisons for each week of your pregnancy, including our ever-popular fruits for singletons and now twins, and other fun ones to choose from if you're just expecting one baby, including movie and TV props, nostalgia from the '80s and '90s, snacks, and sports
- Baby development week-by-week and month-by-month guides that include sleep schedules, milestones, feeding tips and more
- Helpful daily tips tailored to where you are in your pregnancy, postpartum or parenting journey
- A handy ovulation calculator that lets you track your periods and most fertile times when you’re trying to get pregnant
- A baby tracker that lets you time and track your baby’s feedings and log diaper changes, sleep routines, tummy time, solid foods, and your own notes
- Thousands of medically accurate articles, plus stories from real parents and parents-to-be, on every aspect of pregnancy and parenting, from the “trying to get pregnant” stage through the toddler years
- Videos about what to expect during each week of pregnancy and each month of your baby’s first year, hosted by What to Expect founder Heidi Murkoff
- Videos about other aspects of pregnancy and parenting, including pregnancy symptoms, baby bump sizes, milestones, signs of labor, and other useful need-to-know info for your journey
- Personalized baby registry checklist and registry builder
- Detailed baby product reviews and buying guides you can trust from our editorial team and experts
- A fun Chinese gender predictor that guesses your baby’s sex
- A pregnancy weight gain calculator that helps you track the weight you've gained and how much more you'll need to put on as things progress
- A month-by-month toddler guide highlighting development, growth, milestones, health, tips and more
- Info about the tests and screenings you can expect during pregnancy and beyond
- Search tools to help you find fast, accurate answers to your questions about pregnancy, parenting and fertility
- Special community groups devoted to birth months and locations, interests, health status and medical conditions, parenting styles, must-have baby gear, and more!
All the content on What to Expect is accurate, up-to-date and regularly reviewed by the What to Expect Medical Review Board and other pregnancy and parenting health experts. It is in line with the latest evidence-based medical information and accepted health guidelines, including the What to Expect books by Heidi Murkoff.
Read This Next
The medical guidelines and recommendations on What to Expect come from highly respected expert organizations including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as from peer-reviewed medical journals and other health and medical organizations.Use our pregnancy and parenting app to help you have a happy, healthy pregnancy and a happy, healthy baby! We're here for you as you embark (or continue) on this exciting, life-changing journey.